Re: [tor-relays] Slow relay speeds for Australian geographic location(s)

Sorry about that test.

Thanks for the in depth post, Teor. I had read the lifecycle article but was concerned when people were posting that their relay was soaking all their bandwidth after a day or two. This makes sense now, given the oversupply and location. It was also worrying when the advertised bandwidth was fluctuating so much and was only advertising a fraction of what actually is available.

The Windows server is using very minimal resources at the moment, and TCP connections are around 250. The router will definitely be able to handle the load, I run a pfSense APU.

TPG doesn't have any bandwidth constraints specifically. They run a lot of their own infrastructure including their own undersea PPC-1 cableÂhttps://www.tpg.com.au/about/networks.php. No connection is ever shaped by TPG and I have unlimited bandwidth.

Amsterdam - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3825961515
LA -Âhttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3825963543
Boston -Âhttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3825964878
London -Âhttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3825966771

So you think it isn't detecting all of my available bandwidth due to distance and location and such? Is it just one of those things?

torrcÂhttp://pastebin.com/GcTswhQx

Thanks again.