Re: [tor-relays] Call for obfs4 bridges, and a brief discussion of obfs4proxy.

On 10/28/2014 12:24 AM, Steve Snyder wrote:
> Does obfs4 support IPv6 addresses?  If so, does it work like ORPort
> in that it is just a matter of adding another line?

Yes.

> For example, to add an IPv6 address can I just replace
>
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 111.222.333.444:__RNDPORT__
>
> with
>
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 111.222.333.444:__RNDPORT__
> ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4
> [1111:2222:3333:4444::1]:__RNDPORT__
>
> in the config file?

Yes, that sounds right. If you don't have multiple interfaces or don't
care if you open the ports on all interfaces, here is how I do it:
I use ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 [::]:_RNDPORT_ -> it opens the
obfuscated ports on both v4 and v6 (dual stack).

If you do so, do it to ORPort also, so it will be a fully dual stack
bridge, like:
ORPort 111.222.333.444:_PORT_
ORPort [111.222.333.444::1]:_PORT_

> Can I use the same ExtORPort for both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?

Just use

ExtORPort auto

and it will prefer v6 (if enabled on your OS) and fall back to v4 if
v6 fails (it will take the configuration from your OS network stack).
ExtORPort auto is your best option.