Re: [tor-relays] fingerprint info propogation

On 07/09/14 10:01, Toralf Förster wrote:
> On 09/07/2014 03:00 AM, jason@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> (I know nicknames are depreciated now)
>
> Said that, when I setup my first exit node I do no longer need to define a nickname ?

Tor clients won't make critical decisions based on your relay's
nickname.  But defining a good nickname can still be useful.  For
example, the nickname will still be displayed on websites like Atlas and
Globe.  It would be pretty sad if all relays there were called "Unnamed".

Thanks for setting up an exit!

All the best,
Karsten