Re: [tor-relays] Estimating the value and cost of the Tor network

* Tim schrieb am 2014-09-24 um 08:32 Uhr:
> But I don't know how much hope there is for this - I've tried to find
> pricing in Australia, and the figures I've found are:
> $8000 per month for 100Mbps.[2]
> $1500 per month for 25Mbps.[3]
> $800 per month for 10Mbps.[4]

That fits to the numbers Cloudflare provided recently. They wrote in
their blog post, that Australia is the most expensive region:

/****************************************************************************/
/* To give you some sense of how out-of-whack Australia is, at CloudFlare   */
/* we pay about as much every month for bandwidth to serve all of Europe as */
/* we do to for Australia. Thatâs in spite of the fact that approximately   */
/* 33x the number of people live in Europe (750 million) versus Australia   */
/* (22 million).                                                            */
from
<URL:https://blog.cloudflare.com/the-relative-cost-of-bandwidth-around-the-world/>

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Wir leben in einem gefÃhrlichen Zeitalter: Der Mensch beherrscht die