[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

[tor-relays] Re: FamilyID help...again



wxw--- via tor-relays:
Hi,
I have run my relays for 15+ years.

I am trying to implement FamilyID by following your instructions at
https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/post-install/family-ids/.

I generate my secret_family_key.

I save the FamilyID.

I copy secret_family_key to my key directory "I think". All servers are
Debian 12-13. All tor versions are Tor 0.4.9.12 (recommended).
Instructions call for sub-directory of DataDir? I don't know where that
is. All my Tor key appear at /var/lib/tor/keys so that is where my
secret_family_key is.

I add FamilyID #$%^&*()POIUYHJKLetc as in the format line generated to
the bottom of my torrc file.

Did you use "FamilyID" or "FamilyId"? It's the latter according to `man tor` (and, yes, we should probably not mix them up on the community portal page)?

Georg
[snip]

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
tor-relays mailing list -- tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe send an email to tor-relays-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx