Re: [tor-talk] No BetterPrivacy for Tor?

I noticed that BP was taking a few seconds longer to exit than normal each time I closed Firefox so I am glad someone has mentioned this issue (assuming they were having the same problem).

When you say, "out of habit I went to the BetterPrivacy add-on page...", did you mean the AMO site, or developer's home page, http://netticat.ath.cx

If you go to the developer's home page (http://netticat.ath.cx/BetterPrivacy/BetterPrivacy.htm) you can download 1.66. You need to allow the page in NoScript or the ability to download does not appear

However, going to (http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/6623/betterprivacy-1.66-fx+sm.xpi) results in a "not found" error.

In fact it would appear this is a problem with Mozilla: http://netticat.ath.cx/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1727#p1727 and nothing to do with the developer.

Also, a user posted question like yours on developer's forum today - but no response yet:
http://netticat.ath.cx/forum/viewtopic.php?id=485

The developer, Netticat, writes in this thread:

This BetterPrivacy bug is triggered ...
- either by Firefox add-ons which prevent cookie deletion for legal reasons (e.g. Beef Taco)
- or by badly coded web-pages (still opened while quitting the browser).

To fix the issue immediately please choose from the following options:
- install the new BetterPrivacy version 1.66 which can be found here
- keep the previous BetterPrivacy version 1.65, but choose another LSO deletion option than on FireFox exit
- temporarily disable BetterPrivacy 1.65  (until automatically updated)
- disable other possibly conflicting add-ons (yet known: Beef Taco), on FF exit make sure that most web-page tabs are closed

So if you do not want to use 1.66 then you can modify the options in 1.65 to "delete Flash cookies on application start" for example rather than on Firefox exit.