Re: [tor-talk] Pirate Linux

I know, you still have to trust the standard Ubuntu programs such as gcc & firefox. But, you already made the decision to trust those when you installed Ubuntu. The piratepack doesn't force you to trust any new repositories.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Ted Smith <teddks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 19:44 -0600, AK wrote:
> - No need to trust nonstandard binary executables. Polipo, tor, vidalia,
> piratepack binaries are automatically compiled from source on installation.

How do I know that the sources are trustworthy? Or that the programs
used to compile (or verify their trustworthyness) are trustworthy?