Re: [tor-talk] Designing a secure "Tor box" for safe web browsing?

Hi Gozu-san,
thanks for the links! They seem like good starting points for such a project. Such a box would be, when designed and fully configured, a good and stable way for people wanting to give their machines secure www access. Other than the software config, I could also imagine certain hardware precautions that could be made. For example, such a device could, in theory, come with a static ROM that contains the software in a way which can't be altered. The dynamic info required to run Tor could then be stored in a RAM (e.g. directory / cirquit info, logs, etc) and would be discarded immediately once the device is disconnected from the power source. The advantage of such a setup would be that it wouldn't store more data than required for sure. However, I guess updating Tor, or any other packages, would be impossible in that case. Still, I do like the idea of having a black box that takes care of anon web resource access and privacy control. Guess I'll keep researching and working on th
 is, and see what I come up with! If anyone would like to help, suggest ideas or thinks this would be total nonsense, please let me know! I'm new to working on such projects and have some general ideas at the moment, so this is also kind of exciting for me.
Robin