Re: [tor-talk] How to set up a site on hidden service?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 07:17:06AM +0000, jbrownfirst@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 25 lines about:
: I intend to set up a web-site under Tor hidden service.
: I installed thttpd and set up that web-server and the tor-hidden server
: as it disribed in
: "https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en";

We need to clarify these instructions. thttpd is just a
suggestion, not a requirement.  thttpd is a very simple webserver, it
doesn't support dynamic languages well, if at all. It's a suggestion
because it is so simple.

If you want to host a hidden service website, you need a webserver of
some kind. thttpd, lighttpd, and apache are all possibilities.  People
have hosted hidden service websites on IIS. Use whatever you are most
comfortable with using.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B