Re: [tor-talk] Torbutton 1.4.4.1 and Firefox 7.0.1 a security problem or not?

On 11/2/2011 11:55 AM, Luis Maceira wrote:
I have used Torbutton-1.2.5 and Firefox 3.6.23 and the Torbutton status of active stays permanently,after closing an opening Firefox and so on.Now,with the new Torbutton and Firefox when I open Firefox the Torbutton is ALWAYS disabled,I turn it on and if I close Firefox when I open it again turned off again.Is this a design choice or is there some problem around?In the same browser session have it turned off click the icon turned it on,is this secure? Tor works at first sight normally,but is it really secure?
If you use Torbutton w/ regular Firefox, Torbutton has a setting which state it will start in - disabled or enabled. You can change / save the preference. I haven't used the latest stand alone Tor / Vidalia bundle w/ Firefox, so don't know what the default setting for Torbutton is. It used to be set = disabled by default.

If you use TBB, Tor is automatically enabled when the Browser (Aurora (Firefox) ) is launched.