Re: [tor-talk] Don't use Google as default search in Tor Browser?

Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> 於 2011/11/2 12:06 寫道:
> On 11/1/2011 8:23 PM, Advrk Aplmkt wrote:
>> Thanks Joe for the info.
>> Yes, I *do* know how to remove search engines, including the method you described.
>> However, I was suggesting that Google (and probably some of the other defaults) be not in the TBB to begin with, or at least not the default.
>> I believe this would make TBB more consistent in providing a private browsing experience.
> I agree, Advrk. I hinted at the same in my reply. I wonder if this would
> violate some Mozilla agreement, since they get a large amt of $ from
> Google from including Google search as default search engine? (No such
> thing as a free lunch).
>
> Wasn't indicating any presence or lack of ability on your part to del
> search engines, just providing general info for anyone that might be
> interested. No need to indicate being personally offended by the bolded
> text. Most are here to offer helpful suggestions that may help many -
> not just OP, not to offend people.
>
> Cheers,
Hi Joe, I definitely didn't take offense, and I apologise for sounding that way. In fact I really appreciate how informative this list is. :)

As for the search engine, would it still violate Mozilla/Google agreements if the default search engine is changed by the Tor Browser packagers (and not by Mozilla)? And I thought Aurora is already Firefox minus Mozilla branding anyway?