Re: [tor-talk] tor security question

ok but my ISP could track my mac/IP address listening 8118 port??? or encrypted tunnelling pass throu this?

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:18:11 +0100, BlueStar88 wrote:
Am Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:14:24 +0000
schrieb audd <audd@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'm trying to understand well how tor works, the ip are hidden throu
tunnel encrypted nodes, but what about mac address? anyone could
sniff the node for the mac address?

The MAC addresses are for addressing between two network interfaces
only, so this information does not leave the segment (collision
domain). Every router changes source and target MAC after getting the
IP route solved.
The Tor entry node sees the source MAC from it's own segment router
only.