Re: [tor-talk] Tor and AES-NI acceleration , and Tor profiling

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> public key operations and zlib still dominate processing.
>
> Looking at those profiles, I'm not seeing zlib dominating anything,
> and the public key functions seem to score pretty low too.  What am I
> missing there?  This isn't what I'm used to running into in other
> profiles.

apologies, this is a general statement of my previous profiling which
assumed dir port enabled, hs dir, and exit status.

the profile attached looks more like a non-exit, no dir port, no hsdir
setup. (entry/middle only?)

this deserves a longer treatment i'll try to address soon...