Re: [tor-talk] Run Tor as a bridge in the Amazon Cloud

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To help new customers get started in the cloud, Amazon is introducing a
> free usage tier. The Tor Cloud images are all micro instances, and new
> customers will be able to run a free micro instance for a whole year.

Some users have asked about the AWS free usage tier and pointed out
that it only includes 15 GB of bandwidth out per month. I have updated
the Tor Cloud website (changes should go live soon) with the
following;

The Tor Cloud images have been configured to use no more than 40 GB of
bandwidth out per month. We have estimated that customers who do not
qualify for the free usage tier will pay up to $30 a month. Customers
who qualify for the free usage tier, but who run bridges that use more
than 15 GB of bandwidth out per month, will pay up to $3 per month.

I hope that this better clarifies the cost of running a bridge in the
Amazon cloud, let me know if you have any questions.

--
Runa A. Sandvik