Re: [tor-talk] Tor Bug?

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Zhen Ling <lingzhen1982@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I run my Tor client for a couple of days and got the same error twice. The
> version of my Tor client is 0.2.2.34. And my OS is Fedora 15. Here is the
> error from the Tor:
>
> Nov 25 23:35:15.850 [err] connection_stop_reading(): Bug: main.c:338:
> connection_stop_reading: Assertion conn->read_event failed; aborting.
> main.c:338 connection_stop_reading: Assertion conn->read_event failed;
> aborting.
> Aborted (core dumped)

That's definitely a bug, and it doesn't look like any one that I know
about getting fixed in the upcoming 0.2.2.35.  The best place to
report bugs is trac.torproject.org.  The best way to diagnose a bug
like this is to use gdb to get a stack trace: if you still have the
core file and the binary that produced it, you can do that by running
"gdb path_to_tor path_to_core" where path_to_tor is replaced with the
path to the Tor binary, and path_to_core is replaced by the path to
the core file.  At that point, running "bt" should produce a useful
stack trace that shows where the error occurred.

cheers,
--
Nick