Re: [tor-talk] segfault at 8 ip ... error 4 in tor

On 30.11.2011 16:04, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> I think somebody mentioned this on the list the other day.  What we really
> need to make progress tracking this down is a stack trace (e.g., from
> gdb).  If you need help generating one, just ask.
Yea, i think i need some help with it.
I made tor dump core at crash, but I'm not sure if that file is useful.
I think I need debugging symbols?

/var/lib/tor# gdb tor core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

warning: The current binary is a PIE (Position Independent Executable),
which
GDB does NOT currently support.  Most debugger features will fail if used
in this session.

Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/tor...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
[New Thread 29073]
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/tor'.
#0  0x00007f42e502dbc3 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt