Re: [tor-talk] Xmarks extension: any security concerns?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:46:02 -0700, Colin Klett wrote:
Is it safe to install the Xmarks extension in the Tor browser?

From https://www.xmarks.com/about/privacy

If you use an Xmarks Add-on, it will contact our servers periodically or in response to certain actions you take in your browser. Each of those contacts generates the same kind of information generated when you visit our website, as described above. Additionally, the Add-on will transmit whatever data is necessary to provide particular features of the Add-on and to monitor their use. For example, to synchronize your bookmarks, the Add-on transmits your bookmarks to our servers. To provide the Smarter Search feature, the Add-on transmits the search query you entered and any search results you receive.

I would not use this kind of extension.

Tichodroma