[tor-talk] German police keylogger analysis (and the effects on Tor are....?)

Here is an article which details the German federal police's use of keyloggers.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/10/german-gov-spyware/

There are also links to Wired's coverage of the FBIs keylogger which are well worth a read.

Keyloggers would, I assume, defeat the whole purpose of Tor since the URL would be recorded and sent to the fedz.

How to overcome?  My impression is that no-one is sending .exe attachments these days but rather exploiting unpatched browsers by tricking people to visiting a site (although of course they can always install it manually).

I suppose that up-to-date anti-virus and anti-malware might help if you are on Windows.  And, of course, using NoScript and blocking Flash and suchlike.

What would be the situation if you are using Linux (such as Ubuntu for example).  I realise that keyloggers must exist for Linux but would they be more difficult to install?

Is moving to Linux one solution?