Re: [tor-talk] TOR exits unexpectedly

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 02:56:08AM +0330, kamyar kamyar wrote:
> Just Dled and run last TOR bundle version for Win,
> TOR does exit repeatedly  and log shows:
>
>  [Error] libevent call with win32 failed: No buffer space available
> [WSAENOBUFS ] [10055]
>
> what's the pro?

You are the latest victim of the longest-open Windows Tor bug.
Congratulations. :/

You can resolve it by having more physical ram, and/or running fewer
network-intensive applications in parallel with Tor, and/or configuring
yourself as a Tor client rather than a bridge or relay.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest an upgrade to Ubuntu.

We'll have another round of experimental fixes out for the Tor 0.2.3.x
branch in a while, when we fold in (and resolve whatever bugs we find in)
the new libevent 2.x release and the new "bufferevents" option in Tor.

--Roger