Re: [tor-talk] tor http proxy

Thanks a lot! I will test it.

On 2011-10-27 12:59, Roger Dingledine wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 08:52:02AM +0800, Gaofeng HE wrote:
I have used the kingate tool to setup a proxy server, including a Socks and Http proxy. When I configured tor to use the socks proxy, everything is OK. But when the http proxy is used,
it is neglected by the tor.

Your http proxy needs to accept CONNECT requests. That means it should
be what many people would call an 'https proxy'.

Also, when you configure Tor to use it, you need to use the httpsproxy
directive in your torrc, not the httpproxy directive.

If you're configuring via Vidalia, that means you need to set your proxy
as "HTTP / HTTPS", not "HTTP".

(Using only a plain http proxy means you only proxy your unencrypted
directory fetches, which isn't very useful, especially now that Tor
tunnels its directory fetches over the TLS (https) connection by default.)

Hope that helps,
--Roger