Re: [tor-talk] Debian-tor 0.2.2.34-1~~squeeze+1 PID/UID bug

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:44:59 +0000
unknown <unknown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I run previous version of tor Linux-Debian packages and type 'ps aux | grep tor'
> then the first field is the user "debian-tor".
>
> After upgrade that field displays only uid (106) but /etc/passwd for debian-tor is correct.
>
> I use transparent firewalling for rerouting local traffic into Tor
> and use a name "debian-tor" as iptables option.
>
> After that update this option is not working. I just replace "debian-tor" to "106" in iptables rules and
> everything works again. I think some leakage of private information is possible, depends of personal
> firewall settings but not significant. Most of programms just not works with wrong username firewalling.

Sorry for the misinformation. ps aux always displays numerical ID's for long usernames.
I trying to repeat this situation on another Debian Linux machine with similar versions updates and
iptables settings and got no results. Everything works fine without any troubles.