Re: [tor-talk] Freedom Hosting admin revealed by Anonymous - Tor finally cracked?

Moritz, I don't get the quote (from the pastebin site). What are you trying to point out?

OK, maybe I'm the only one in the dark. So they named Mike - so what? So he hosts exit nodes. I'm all for catching criminals, but to be fair, we'd need to start at the top & lock up many politicians at all levels. But I digress.

If anyone in their right mind thinks Tor network, or anything like it (or not like it), can ONLY be used for good, has a child's mind - at best. I'm not even defending or attacking Tor - just stating some axioms (something generally accepted as true w/o formal proof).

Thousands of products & types of technology are used daily around the world, both for good & not so good - sometimes outright evil. Radioactive materials are used to diagnose / treat illnesses, or used in bombs. Fertilizer is used to grow food to feed the world, or used to make bombs. Get the idea? I have no idea what Mike or anyone else does behind closed doors, nor do I stay awake thinking about it.

I do know that for 1000's of yrs, gov'ts world wide have tried to suppress the masses & keep them from getting the ugly truths about what they do - to other countries & their own citizens. Of course gov'ts don't like the masses to be able to communicate & access info anonymously - did anyone think they would? Unfortunately, to allow catching criminals using something like Tor, everyone loses rights to anonymity.

If we get rid of Tor because of potential criminal use, we'll also need to ban nuclear medicine, fertilizer, gasoline, cars, airplanes & much more.... all can be used as weapons.