Re: [tor-talk] Dutch CA issues fake *.torproject.org cert (among many others)

On 9/2/2011 9:57 AM, David Carlson wrote:
On 9/2/2011 9:28 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:

Is it really a risk, d/l  Tor or TBB directly from Tor Project's site,
that verifying signatures is necessary?  What is the reasoning here -
if getting files from Tor Project server?

I believe that the point of Roger's message was that you or I may not
really be downloading the package from TorProject, if we are using SSL
that is authenticated to a fake certificate.
Thanks. I'm sure many would appreciate a bit more explanation what "...if we are using SSL that is authenticated..." means, in this case.