Re: [tor-talk] TBB 2.2.32 & Automatic Updates

On 06/09/11 11:22, Mike Perry wrote:
> Thus spake cgp3cg (cgp3cg@xxxxxxxxx):
>
>> I've also discovered that with this version FF defaults to saving
>> passwords.
>
> Are you sure about this? Torbutton should be handling this under
> Preferences->Security Settings->Forms..
>
> The first checkbox is checked for you, yes?

Yes, first is checked, second is not -- all looks good.

> If not, this could be a regression against Torbutton.. But I haven't
> experienced it, as far as I know.
>
> Where/how did you observe the password saving?

I observed this logging into FastMail, and at the time checked the FF
settings and confirmed that saving passwords was enabled. I now can't
reproduce this -- I've re-extracted the TBB from the original
distribution, checked that saving password is _off_, and verified that
it _doesn't_ offer to save passwords. I'll just assume that _I_ did
something wrong unless I can reproduce it ;-)

Thanks
-C