Re: [tor-talk] TBB 2.2.32 & Connection issues

Thus spake David Carlson (carlson.dl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Yesterday I downloaded tor-browser-2.2.32-3_en-US.exe and set it up on a USB stick.  When I try to start it, it gives a connection refused by peer message just after parsing the GEOP.  If I retry, it says Tor stopped unexpectedly. Vidalia hangs after giving the message Bootstrapped 100% done. I cannot get the advanced message log to give any debug entries.
> If I close that browser bundle and use Task manager to make sure that Tor and Vidalia really are not running, then start tor-browser-2.2.31-1-alpha_en-US.exe which I downloaded on August 21, that version starts with no problem and continues to open Aurora.  I am using that instance to send this e-mail.

This could be a firewall issue caused by the windows autoport feature.
In some cases, apps launching from USB sticks can be more restricted
in terms of internet access than hard disk apps normally would.

We disabled autoports on windows for this reason in today's release:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-tor-browser-bundles-6

> I am using these on a Windows Vista laptop in a hotel that requires logging on to their Wi-Fi  for a time limited session with a web browser before they allow access to the internet.  I am using IE to log on and leaving it open as they requested.
>
> David Carlson

Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist
fscked.org evil labs