Re: [tor-talk] Java not working with tor

2011/9/19 Sherif Sherio <sherio123@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Dears,
> Good day

Hi,

> I tried to use tor at my office which has a proxy and firewall (websense).
>
> the tor browser is working fine except for any Java applications (i.e chat
> web sites) like below sites
>
> www.6arab.com
> www.qloob.com
>
> I'm getting a message that Java is not installed, however it's already
> installed ( Java (TM) 6 update 26 and Java (TM) 6 update 6)

For security reasons, Flash, Java, and and other plugins are currently
disabled for Tor.  These can be used to track users and compromise
their anonymity in other ways.  More information can be found by
visiting https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/torbutton-faq.html.en#noflash

--
Runa A. Sandvik