Re: New maintainers

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Mike Ciul wrote:

> On the other hand, I know zero about CVS, and I still do a lot of
> fumbling around in Linux... I could use some help with dumb things
> like organizing different versions of the code on my local machine,
> keeping track of version numbers, and the proper way to use utilities
> like diff (I'm missing the man page for some reason!).

SEUL has a quite simple help for new CVS users:

http://www.seul.org/sys/doc/cvs

You may also want to take a look at

http://www.seul.org/dev

diff has no man page, to get help type "diff --help".

The "patch" command, however, does have a man page, you may wish to read
it ;)

> There's one more thing. I'm not sure I can upload anything right now
> (though I can use Netscape to send email). My Linux box is at work,
> behind an NT firewall. I haven't figured out how to get ftp to work
> with that. I think there's some problem with our nameserver too, but I
> don't know enough about networking to be sure.

FTP protocol often has problems with firewalls. FTP is one of the
worst-designed protocols ever.

who:     Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo, undergraduate in Computer Engineering
what: Linux/FreeBSD developer and advocate. Working to ensure our freedom
mail:    bergo@seul.org || bergo@linuxstart.com || guazzibe@ic.unicamp.br
web:                                   http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~guazzibe
where:                           Unicamp - Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth

* Vegetarians eat vegetables - Beware of humanitarians.