Re: X-Archon

Thanks for passing this message on, Ronen.

Roy,

Have you joined the xarchon list? It would be great if you did.

Several people here have expressed desire for new themes. Your work sounds like it would be a great addition. I'd certainly like to see it.

I think it's likely that xarchon would run on Linux 68k but I don't know if anyone's tried it. Compile it and see! When you get the source, check out the directory data/archon/ and you'll see the format for paths and names of graphics.

In the latest patch (there have been 2 patches since xarchon-0.50) creatures have stats for the following:

movement speed
weapon speed
health
weapon damage
weapon recharge time
duration (for non-shoot weapons)

Weapons can be of three types: shoot, hand, and cloud. Currently, there's no support for other special weapon types. However, Rob Rendell started work on an Adept game, and I believe Adept had some new kinds of weapons. So it's possible we could add some way of creating new weapon types...

I have a question: Is it possible to have this mailing list archived? It would be nice if new people could read up on recent discussions like themes and movement rules, etc.

- Mike

--

This message comes to you from GVOX, pioneering Immersive Music(tm)
experiences -- the Next Generation of Music Entertainment

Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music
1080 N. Delaware Ave. 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Voice: (215) 922-0880 Ext.: 144 Fax: (215) 922-7230