Roll Call

Hiya! How have the last two years been for you?

This is Mike Ciul, switching email addresses for this list. I've been pretty busy with family, but I've started thinking about working on Xarchon again. I had been assuming that Archon:Evolution had blown us away in the interim, but they haven't! And they're still PC only.

Chris Kruger, are you still interested in maintaining the project? I have a proposal:

Part I:

Seul has not been very involved in XArchon - and can we blame them? Roger has been great to us, but every time I come back after a long interval I find that I can't log in anymore. I'm thinking maybe it's time to move to Sourceforge. They're running svn now, which seems to have become the standard over cvs.

Part II:

Years ago, there was talk of moving the GUI code over to SDL. I was hesitant at the time, but SDL seems to be around still and pretty well respected, and I think I'd like to do it now. There are a couple other options that looked ok, such as Allegro and ClanLib, but in the absence of other input, I'd probably opt for SDL. I'd love to see this project running on MacOS X and Windows, and I think I'm not the only one. There were also some tricky bugs, and I'd rather have a fresh start than go digging for them now.

So if there's anyone still on this list, let me know where you're at. If I don't hear from anyone, I might go ahead and fork the project at Sourceforge. Don't worry - it'll take me a while to get anything done.

- Mike