Re: [bos-dev] map & scripts

We'll do with the Wiki. I'll send you and xanax in a private mail the password and explanations on how to do it.

Ok ... er, you didn't send it yet, did you? (just wondering, in case my spam filters killed it)

<snip>
??? what constitutes "source" for a .png? I don't mind providing, but not sure what you need... unless you mean the individual patches that make up the set? (and I was trying so hard to be lazy...)
According to the GPL: "The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it."

For our the graphics of units, the sources are the 3D models, the textures and the scripts to run the renders. For maps made entirely in gimp, the sources are the gimp XCF file with the texture files. Some maps are made in 3D Max, and the sources are then a 3ds file with the textures.

Ah, ok. Good to know. I haven't yet finalized my toolchain for maps, so I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting things together. I'll have to 'reverse engineer' my patches though, because the pngs are all I have right now. I almost never use .xcf format due to the larger filesizes.

<snip again>

Currently the engine does not support transparency at the edges of the patches. I'm afraid this would tax the CPU too much.

Ah well, back to the drawing board...

It would be wonderful if we could add new map in this release. No need to get out of the way.

Feb.

Do you have a timeframe for the release? (i.e. time to get the plant units done?) And another source question there, I create the plants in Wings3d, but export to Povray. So "files needed to modify" and "files needed to render" are two different things. Would you need the Wings file, the Pov file, or both?
Thnx.

RG