Re: [bos-dev] map & scripts

Ron Gow wrote:
We'll do with the Wiki. I'll send you and xanax in a private mail the password and explanations on how to do it.

Ok ... er, you didn't send it yet, did you? (just wondering, in case my spam filters killed it)
I sent the email today.

<snip>
Ah, ok. Good to know. I haven't yet finalized my toolchain for maps, so I'll keep that in mind when I'm putting things together. I'll have to 'reverse engineer' my patches though, because the pngs are all I have right now. I almost never use .xcf format due to the larger filesizes.
You made that superb terrain completely in Gimp ? That's incredible. You have to teach us your magic tricks.

<snip again>
It would be wonderful if we could add new map in this release. No need to get out of the way.

Do you have a timeframe for the release? (i.e. time to get the plant units done?) And another source question there, I create the plants in Wings3d, but export to Povray. So "files needed to modify" and "files needed to render" are two different things. Would you need the Wings file, the Pov file, or both?
Thnx.

When we're ready :)

Wow, you use Wings3d too. It's the only 3d program, I ever managed to use, but I'm a total 3D noob too.

Do you modify the exported povray files or do you render them directly ?

Feb.