[Computerbank] Re: CAI Committee status? (Was: recent emails)

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 02:56:23AM -0700, Steve Paynter wrote:
> --- Daniel Stone <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:04:49PM +0930, David Lloyd wrote:
> > > In times like this a complete change of committee and faces can occur,
> > > but there are too many entrenched positions to do that.
> >
> > Note here that a majority of the committee agreed in-principle to a
> > motion of no-confidence in ... the committee.
>
> Wow, this is a startling claim.  (Was there follow-up?  I missed it.)
> More info please.  Was the above discussed in a public forum?
> Are you suggesting such a motion is pending?

No, it stemmed from several private discussions.

> > It's pretty rare, and
> > probably quite a bad sign, to see a group passing no-confidence in
> > *itself*.
>
> Not necessarily.  Better to dissolve and start again than
> continue dysfunctionally.  Think NRMA, Coles Myer, RMIT, HIH, One.Tel...
> (Err, not suggesting CAI Committee is dysfunctional, but I honestly
> can't recall the last time I heard from them in this forum, or any
> other I'm on.)

Well, it wouldn't be the least sane assertion to make ...

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org