Re: Networking the nation grants: rural reach

Dear CBV,

Perhaps you can link up with some other organisations
to secure your Networking the Nation grant. For
example, www.growzone.com.au is a not for profit ISP
in Southern QLD which is funded (at least in part) by
networking the nation grants. If you can find one of
these in Victoria then that would get you reach into
rural Victoria.

The Growzone site also mentions tech centre projects
that they are involved with in cooperation with Town
Councils etc. Go find yourself some rural Town
Councils, Chambers of Commerce, etc link this to the
non-for-profit ISP and I think you've got a winner.

Tony.

> Actually, Computerbank Victoria has already made an
> application to
> Networking the Nation.  We got a bounce, but it was
> not completely
> negative.  They said that we lacked sufficient rural
> focus (being
> Melbourne based), and thus needed to demonstrate
> that we could actually
> help people living in rural and regional areas.  In
> effect "come back if
> you can show us that you've got significant runs on
> the board".

> Peter Eckersley
> (pde@cs.mu.oz.au)
> http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pde

=====
Tony Joblin
Email: tonyjoblin@yahoo.com.au, Tel: 07 3378 7755
6/19 Merlin Terrace, Kenmore 4069, Australia.

http://geocities.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ GeoCities
- Build your own Web Site - for free!
-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/