Re: [Computerbank] Debian PGI Installer

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:27:15PM +1030, David Lloyd scrawled:
> > Regardless of what would be useful, it's still a lot of work for
> > people to adapt.
>
> I take it that you don't accept useful work; is my previous sentence
> dripping with enough sarcasm? I may be able to do better.

*sigh*.

> > Computerbank also has one Debian package monkey who
> > has maintained Apache and virtually the entirety of KDE in Debian, so
> > it's quite easy for things to get done[1].
>
> Your footnote is [1] tomorrow.

Referring to the fact that I've got some stuff to do at CBV, and will be
there tomorrow. Sort of a long-running saga; I've been unable to do it
for a while, between year 12 exams and, more recently, sickness.

> Maybe we could merge some ComputerBank documents into a fully fledged
> LDP-Howto.

Con V, in particular, does excellent things with documentation.

> > pretty unequivocal, and there's no real room for antagonism. If bug
> > reports never get forwarded upstream, they can never be fixed, it's as
> > simple as that.
>
> If people insist on thinking that I'm submitting a show-stopping bug
> report on some or all of the ComputerBank installer (no matter what it
> is called), then obviously your course of action is just and valid.
>
> But I've already said it works, but in my opinion I don't like it. Now
> rather than sit down and type a whole 50 page report of why I don't
> particularly like it I've decided to go and make a Debian PGI installer
> that I happen to like.

IIRC, you stated earlier that it (DesktopPenguin) was buggy.

> For me.
>
> And only me.
>
> Oh, and I happen to have offered to give it away to ComputerBank
> following the lead of the open source community. Perhaps I should have
> shut up and just rolled it out for myself.
>
> *shrugs*

It's your choice, and I'm not stopping you, I'm just sticking up for
what we already have because I think it's worth it.

I think this thread's about run its course, don't you?

-d

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne

PGP signature