Re: [Computerbank] Network knotting out day - late notice - in Victoria

Why not call for an online meeting with other CBs - after all, we all have network gurus - and as a national organisation, we could surely work together on solutions? And these are things we too will face at some point - be nice to have something already worked out:)

r:)

Daniel Stone wrote:
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:54:28PM +1100, Kylie Davies scrawled:

Computerbank Victoria will be open this Saturday - and all other Saturdays in February - from midday til 5pm. Thats the 8th, 15th and 22nd. (We will advise of the situation in March soon enough)

This week, Saturday 8th , we are planning to have a network knotting out day. :)

With this in mind - we are calling all network gurus - people who have experience with any of the following - LDAP, DHCPd, BIND, X11 Config, auto FS, CODA, Samba, Webmin and Squid.

We need to knot out a network solution that is scalable and one that can be duplicated everytime....with our very special *low end* hardware. :)

Grant Diffey is coordinating this effort - so either come down on Saturday (and again on the 22nd) and chat with Grant. Alternatively you can email him on nevyn@artificial-stupidity.net with offers to help at other times (if Saturday is not convenient).

Basically - this network thing - is a big thorn in our side and it is imperative that it gets worked out so that community groups can receive networks. At the moment we have 2 outstanding requests (outstanding for over 6 months) and the clients are wondering what is happening...

Please oh please - may there be network gurus in the woodworks - just waiting for this email. :))

There's one here, but he didn't get anywhere *near* enough notice to
even be in the same city on the day ...

--
Romana Challans

State Coordinator
Computerbank Australia Incorporated - Sa Branch
http://sa.computerbank.org.au/