[Computerbank] SGI linux supercomputing briefing

Guess this just passes the guidelines.. Some people may be interested in
this, appears to be a free event. Registration details below.

> This is an invitation for you to attend a special 2-hour briefing,
> which is being organised by Silicon Graphics to introduce a revolution
> in open source supercomputing.
>
> In this briefing event, we will show:
>
> * How to get supercomputer performance from Linux without
> compromising compatibility
> * What is unique about NUMAflex Architecture
> * How to deliver an order of magnitude improvement in throughput
> with fewer resources
> * A built-in cluster interconnect fabric that  is up to 200 times
> faster than any known cluster
> * What these means to your application performance
> * How do you build a supercomputer using bricks
> * How you can gain incomparable price-performance
>
> Who should attend
>
> * Leaders from forward-looking R&D, scientific and technical
> organisations who want the power of a supercomputer and the benefits
> of OpenSource.
> * Managers seeking to quickly solve highly complex computational
> problems and bring products to market faster.
>
> Agenda
>
> * Registration, tea and coffee
> * Extreme Linux:  The new era of supercomputing
> Intel Itanium 2 in high-performance computing
> * Customer Story:  Queensland Parallel Supercomputer Foundation
> * The Altixä 3000 Family of Servers and Superclusters: How we did
> it, why we did it
>
> Cities and Dates
>
> * Melbourne Friday 28th February
> * Canberra Tuesday 4th March
> *
> * Sydney Wednesday 5th March
> * Brisbane Thursday 6th March
> * Perth Wednesday 12th March
> * Adelaide Tuesday 18th March
> * Auckland Tuesday 25th March
>
> To Register, Click Here <http://www.myrego.com/sgi/strategymix>
>
> Jonathan Calver, StrategyMix, StrategMix
>
>   _____
>
> "Best of Show" At Linux World 2003
>
> Accolades are already coming in for the amazing power of Itanium 2
> processors in SGI Altix 3000.  In its public debut at LinuxWorld 2003
> in New York, The Altix won Best of Show in the Open Source Product
> Excellence Awards.
>

>   _____
>
> THIS EMAIL CONTAINS
>
> * Your areas of interest - are these correct?
> * How colleagues can subscribe to the StrategyMix Web Service
> * How to unsubscribe
>

>   _____
>
> YOUR AREAS OF INTEREST - ARE THESE CORRECT?
>
> YES Distribution of Financial Services
> YES Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data Mining
> YES e-Marketing and e-Business
> YES Customer Relationship Management
> YES Knowledge Management
> YES IT Management
> YES Data Storage
> If these are not correct, then PLEASE visit your personal web page,
> which we have created for you so that YOU can control the information
> we email you.
>
> To visit your web page and amend your areas of interest click here
> [...]

list are made by individual members, and do not necessarily reflect SAGE-AU
policy or position.  This article may not be reproduced or quoted beyond
this forum without written permission of all contributing authors.  Further
information can be found at http://www.sage-au.org.au/maillist.html