Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

On  7 Jan, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> Excellent point. The LDP isn't really designed for this sort of document,
> but there are other places out there that would love to have documents like
> these written. If you write it, I'll make sure it gets distributed to the
> right places and publicized such that more people help out with it. :)

I disagree. The LDP *is* designed for this sort of thing. I refer you
to:

Installation and Getting Started
Linux Users Guide
Linux Systems Administrators Guide
Linux Network Adminstrators Guide
Linux Programming Guide

The HOWTO documents are just one class of five that the LDP have made
efforts to produce. They are in increasing order of complexity:

LInux Gazette
man pages
HOWTO (and mini-HOWTO, not a real class)
Guides

The Guides are what are needed, followed by the HOWTO for detailed
instructions on technology specific topics.

regards
Terry

--
terry@albert.aapra.org.au, terry@linux.org.au