Re: [Computerbank] solving the conundrum of the bush

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 23:17, John Clark wrote:

>   1. Corrupted file system: this is covered quite well in the new documnetation
>      requiring only a possible quick call to get the root password. And there
>      has also been lots of talk about changing to riser-fs which will end the
>      need for this ever happening.

That is a wise move. I'd recommend using either ext3 for the ease of
migration or even better, XFS for the quality. As I understand it,
reiser-fs is fine but has some short-commings which leave it well behind
other journalling files systems, such as XFS.

We've used XFS on production Debian machines, from desktops to servers
and it has made a noticeable improvement to our operations. However the
ease of migration for Ext3 may well be more valuable to Computerbank and
make going to Ext3 a no-brainer, especially for upgrading existing
installations.

--

Cheers,
      Craige.