Re: [Computerbank] Re: computerbank digest, Vol 1 #14 - 9 msgs

Thanks Don for your input on the CB test site. As the title says, it is
still only a test site, so that suggestions like yours can be
incorporated before the public is let loose on it - I'm only a web geek,
so web site commentary is about all I can contribute content-wise (and
no-one else has posted any news submissions yet so.....).

As a newbie to the CB concept, I was obviously interested in
feedback from communities and organisations who had received CB
assistance... in seeking information on possible transport arrangements...
information on the types and stocks of computers available for
distribution...  lead times... a copy of the CB Constitution etc. etc.

This would all be great info to have on the site. I'll be adding all of
this as soon as people:

a) get me the information
b) or write it up and post it themselves!
c) help decide which content is really best suited to the State CB's
sites and which is general to CB nationally.

To help with c) I'm setting up a Nuked version of the CB Victoria site
(current site is at http://www.computerbank.org.au/victoria, new test
site will be at http://www.computerbank.org.au/new/vic), which has a lot
more information on it than the national site. It carries the CB
constitution and lots of other frequently accessed documentation. The
new test site will be up this week some time.

Probably quite a lot of other FAQ-type information covering basic facts
(like "No we won't install Windows on a computer" and so forth), could
be covered in the, ah, FAQ sections, but once again, it requires that
ppl get on there and frequently ask some questions!

-Sam