Trivia Night Postponed - Installfest soon!

Hi folks,

Owing to very sad ticket sales, we're postponing the Geek Trivia Night -
here are the relevant bits from the meeting today. For the rest, please
check the minutes on the website!

It was decided that the  Geek Trivia Night scheduled for next week
Saturday June 17th, should be postponed until later in the year. The
primary reason for postponement was the lack of ticket sales; it was
also felt that warmer weather, and more time to plan and execute, would
bring a better chance of success.

The New date for the Trivia Night is either October 14th or October 21st,
depending on Hall availability. Organisational tasks will be divided up
as follows, depending on people's availability and willingness:

 1. Prize-collection co-ordination: involves asking for prize donations
 to cover all the night's needs, including table prizes, door prizes,
 individual prizes and raffles to be held during the night. it's hoped
 that our new Volunteer Co-ordinator will accept this
 responsibility.

 2. Ticket Sales co-ordination: to make sure that 120 tickets are sold,
 and the money in hand, by the end of September. Kylie will ask Bill
 McPherson to assist her with this.

 3. Food and Beverage co-ordination: Patricia and Robert will do this;
 even though attendees are begin asked to bring a plate, we will make
 sure that food is attractively served, and that tea/coffee/cordials are
 available, and arrange fopr napkins, tablecloths, etc.

 4. Trivia Night Logistics: It's hoped that Peter will work with Bill
 Smayle on this, arranging questions, arranging a PA system and possibly
 music, the flow of the entertainment, hall decoration &c.

 Once the involvement of the organisers is confirmed or otherwise
 arranged, meetings of the GTN organising committee will be held on the
 morning of each installfest, with the final one at the end of September.
 Dates for Installfests are set out below.

 Kylie will check with Parks Victoria regarding booking the Hall for
 Installfests for the following dates for the remainder of the year:

 June 24th, July 22nd, August 26th, September 23rd, October 28th,
 November 25th.

 -----

 If you would like to line up to help with any of the work areas above,
 please contact me - we're going to make sure this is a REALLy good
 night!

 Please watch for a mail about the next installfest - it's tentatively
 going to be on June 24th (Saturday week); we're just checking that we
 can get the Hall.

 I, your Food Co-Ordinator, hereby declare that there Will Be No More
 Sausages... I am considering chicken satay, but definitely no snags!
 suggestions and assistance welcome!

 Keep in touch.

 8-)

Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia