Re: Linux Library - and GNUniversity Project

Hi David, Hi all

I think this is a wonderful post and suggestion, glad you decided to post it to
the main list for more discussion.

Trish\'s post summed up what we are doing at the moment with training, potential
trainers and end user documentation.

Our systems are more based on GNOME - therefore we have different documentation
needs at this time. Hopefully we can all share documentation if it is licensed
under the GPL. Agreeing about standards for documentation and training lesson
plans should be our goal - concerted effort rather then replicated effort.

CBV should look at your stripped back slackware distro for use with our older
the systems - and the complementary training manual you have developed.
Similarly all other states could look at the debian - gnome setup CBV is using
at the moment. While our training how to\'s and manuals are still in development
- we have the basics covered - so these can also be used.

As to printing out manuals and training notes, CBV is fortunate to have a laser
printer (albeit old) and has managed to score free print services from both
Boeing and Documents on Call (just near our offices), could CA other
Computerbanks try to get this kind of arrangement happening? ...It\'s worth a try
anyhow.

Failing this - giving recipients manuals is a good thing (tm) and is likely to
come at a cost. I\'m hesitant to print out heaps of stuff - but see the need. I\'m
with the save the trees party, if we are going to do it - it should be with
regard to the environment. :)

CBV is about to trial the \"throwing them in the deep end method\" by sending
someone in country Victoria a training manual and a computer in the next few
weeks, will try and keep you posted.

Thanks again David,

Kylie

www.projectx.com.au