Re: [PC-Bank] Another ammendment - how to we make/change/delete bylaws?

Hi all

>What constitutes an "official" meeting capable of _legally_ making
decisions
>for the organisation

There is usually a clause saying how a meeting can be called. I think ours
says by the President etc. etc.

Then there is a statement about notice of  meetings and the agenda for the
meeting.

(as opposed to 3 or 4 people who decide to meet together -

such a group may arrange to call a meeting with sufficient support for their
motion but have no authority to bind the organisation

>quite apart from the committee or any other generally accepted
decision-making
>body of the organisation).
>
>This could be gotten around by requiring in the constitution that any
>"official" meetings where any decisions are to be made about computer-bank
>requires at least (7 days???) notice to _all_ members via the mailing list
so
>everyone has at least the opportunity to attend.

You would want to make this at least 14 days to be reasonable - regards Bill