[Computerbank] The RULE project needs testers

Hello,

Please accept my apologies if this message already appeared here: if
it did, I was never informed.

The RULE volunteer project aims to provide a Red Hat Linux installation option
that allow even obsolete computers coming from donations to run
modern, mainstream Linux software for desktop use.

We have already made some
significant progresses, and it is possible now to install a basic
version of Red Hat Linux 7.2 on low memory machines. The code is *not*
ready for normal desktop use yet, but at this point we do need all the
possible assistance with testing. When this phase is finished, we will
be able to add applications for schools, and general desktop use.

Anybody can help with this, no
programming skills are required. Just some old machine to test the
installation on: we just need people trying the install process, and
reporting the result. Benoit Mortier, our testing
coordinator, has prepared a form for testers. He will use it to
distribute the several test cases to the people with the right
machines, and to better analyze the results.

To participate, one must simply subscribe to our mailing list, and
then ask directly to Benoit Mortier (NOT TO THE LIST) for
instructions.

Again, there is (almost) no need to know programming for this.
Of course, feel free to email me
privately for any clarification.

	I look forward to hear from you

		Best Regards,
		Marco Fioretti
		RULE project leader
		http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/

Benoit Mortier's address is:  benoit.mortier @ opensides.be

--
We need to focus on how to be productive, not just active.
        Scott McNealy, chairman, CEO, and cofounders, Sun Microsystems.