[Computerbank] Re: [cai-sa] East Timor

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:13, Peter Gossner wrote:
Whats the general consensus on this ?
Surely we can help.

CAiSA should be able to manage about a half dozen boxes in near future.
(233mhz +) However we have no modems.
Perhaps Vic or NSW has those ?

I would be happy to talk to them to get a sense of  what they need and
how they have their office set up...(gateway etc)...

How do we move forward with this.. as an organisation ?

Pete, Im with you on this, but I guess I have a concern about the recip list
we already have. We have ppl who have been waiting *months * for a box, & yes
I know these guys from Timor (& the guys from teen challenge) have a
demonstrated need, but Im just wondering how we deal with this....
we have tried to operate on a first-come-first-served basis in the past, & I
see that not happening lately.
This is not a big issue for me, but I'm thinking about policy & process &
where we want to go with this...