[Computerbank] Re: [CAI-committee] Computerbank Australia Inc

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:10:56AM +1100, Con Validas imparted:
> CAI needs to include its membership base. While our current number is
> low, most financial members are Victorians who have the national
> interest at heart (again, I refer to Kylie's email). Interest from
> others states has been lacking, but the new committee should seek to
> change this Vic-centric membership base.

Con,

SA has no financial members not because of a lack of interest, but
because we fundamentally disagree with the way membership fees are
caclulated. We believe in renewal dates being a year from when you join,
not forced to renew on one convenient date.

Many here would be interested in serving on a truly national body, but
the current setup, with its constitutional disagreements and perceived
politicing and infighting is just symptomatic of why we are staying out
so far. There is much here requiring of energy with very positive
outcomes instead:)

I have suggested to a number of people a meeting to coincide with LCA in
Adelaide, in January. I will be organising that, and sending emails to
all State bodies, including the fledgling Tasmanian group. Hopefully
there we can come up with ideas for what we all hope from a national
body.

Good luck with your elections,

r:)
--