Re: [Computerbank] Computerbank Australia Inc

Con,

> The last year has been regrettable for CAI as the committee have had no
> meetings this year. The President must come into question here. I as
> Treasurer have been terribly disappointed with the lack of activity from
> the committee.

It has been so.

> The fact that the members wishing to nominate come from Victoria
> indicates the strong desire of the group to make change for the
> better - and we shall provided we are given the opportunity.

Until such time as all the "branches" devolve and incorporate on their
own, I see no point in rebuilding the national branch primarily because if
you rebuild it in the way that is proposed, the other states may very well
not associate with the national body.

> The people mentioned are proven in their abilities - I as National
> Treasurer can verify that.

If you say so.

> I encourage all to read Kylie's document if you have not already done
> so.

Kylie is quite capable of writing good documents and apparently running
Victoria with help from the rest of the Victorian crew.

> All states should have a financial member (delegated from the States)
> represented on the committee in the current Co-Ordinator roles. This
> gives them voting rights and includes them in the participatory process
> that has been sorely lacking.

Yes, a good thing.

> CAI to represent all states with no bias.

Then, in my opinion, the national body needs to have the above first. I
see no particular rush to create this national body.

> CAI needs to include its membership base. While our current number is
> low, most financial members are Victorians who have the national
> interest at heart (again, I refer to Kylie's email).

Yes, it's eminently possible that the Victorians have everyone's interest
at heart. However, if you get the process wrong and the other states
decide that it wasn't open, transparent or they weren't adequately
involved we'll be back saying the same things again.

> Interest from others states has been lacking, but the new committee
> should seek to change this Vic-centric membership base.

Look, we think the way CAI handles its membership fees is just silly. See
Romana's e-mail.

> CAI requires a committee to drive it to become the healthy
> Australian-wide organisation it deserves to be.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it is my opinion (1) that
CAI should become Computerbank Victoria Inc and that we form the national
body when we feel its needed and certainly not straight away.

DSL

(1) I don't have humble opinions ;-)