Re: [Computerbank] bad vibe unfortunately

Hi Ian

We have been talking about having a dedicated training day were we spend the
day just training volunters in installations, hardware testing, etc. We were
thinking of a Sunday as Saturday has the training class and recipients
picking up machines. Sunday would be good as there would be no distractions
due to training, or support calls.

We have been trying to get detailed documentation together as far as the tech
side of things go which will make it a lot easier for new volunters to work
there way through installations and hardware testing. There are also efforts
underway regarding documentation for recipients. If anyone is interested in
getting involved in that sort of thing it would be really helpful as that is
becoming more of an issue as more and more people get computers. The training
day might be good for discussion of that side of things as well. Just a
suggestion!

If people  are interested I would be happy to have a training day next Sunday
which is the 16th. If there are other times that people would prefer please
let me know. I was thinking of starting at 10 and staying till 6 pm so people
would be able to come in at any time during the day.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks for posting that message to Bruce it is good to see some activity on
the list.

John Habermann
Melbourne