Re: Basic strategies for winning almost every map

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:31:45 -0600 (CST)
Jonathan Koren <jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Jens Granseuer wrote:
>
> >> Introducing resource-dependency or ammonition shortage might help.
> >
> > Nah, let's try to keep the rules simple.
>
> Keeping the rules simple is good, but I've always thought way too many
> games simply don't deal with logistics in any sense at all.  I think the
> only game I played recently that had any concept of logistics was Earth
> 2150, and all that had was ammunition.  I would like to play a game that
> made me deal with ammunition, fuel, repair/medical, terrain, weather, all
> that stuff.  Crimson Fields will never be that game, and that's okay, but
> sometimes my inner geek yearns.

As some you already know I like to see some more strategic value in
Crimson Fields too, but on the other hand we can't change too much at
once and quick shots are rarely good.

To collect good ideas and optimize them I started a Programming Guide in
the Crimson Wiki. One part of it are future concepts. You are invited to
review my ideas and put in your own. And maybe one of them become part
of Crimson Fields in near future.

I hope many experienced people will detect and remove all design flaws
before they become machine code :-)

  Best Regards
    Matthias