Re: A new Uprising

On 26.08.2004 06:11, Dave Fancella wrote:
On Sunday 15 August 2004 06:56 am, Jens Granseuer wrote:

> [FNA briefing]

I want to move all of the above to the wiki, rather than a mission briefing, and make a few edits. As you said elsewhere, Jens, we can assume the officers know how they got into the war. ;)
We should probably use some edit of the above as the campaign info...

Then the remainder of the briefing needs only slight edits (nothing that should hold back a release right now).
The new Uprising is not going to be in 0.4.4 anyway. I haven't
even started on the map itself.

> [Kand briefing]

I don't know how much of this will need to change to accomodate my new and improved storyline, depends on the character of Kand. I'm thinking that Kand weakened themself on Nexus as a result of factional infighting in upper echelons of their empire, and possibly an assassination of their emperor, so the family that holds Nexus moved some troops off-world in order to strengthen their own imperial and colonial holdings for the power struggle to come (knowing they control the most resource-rich planet in the empire). The remaining forces, in order to keep order, went on a wave of brutality to try to remind the Nexians who rules Nexus, and the wave backfired, resulting in a few riots. Then, for the two years the FNA sat and waited for the right time to attack, Kand had their hands full dealing with civil unrest. So as it stands Kand nominally controls the whole planet, but their troops can't go out at night in groups less than 6 or whatever, and many regions they don't even have a presence, although many of the conservative elements of Nexus (and many of the large businesses) continue to acknowledge Kand's control