Re: Crimson Fields 0.4.4.released

On 27.08.2004 19:57, Marcus Schreiner wrote:
Okay, I found one map error and one CoMET immanent error:

a) There is no reinforcement message for the Empire
b) the sequence in the first replay for player two is a bit messy:
1. you see the map without the units triggered by handicap events
2. you see the imperial infantry and the rebel scout appear facing north. 3.
you see the briefing
4. the rebel scout turns facing northeast
5. the enemy units move
6. The imperial infantry turns facing south

I think this came up because of the timer events. I wonder if there is a
hierarchy if two timer triggers have the same value. Probably the event ID?
Execution of events on one turn is pretty much random (well, it's not
random, of course, but there is no good way to control it either). The
mistake here is that the unit is created, this is recorded, and only
after that the real unit is turned around. Easy fix.

Ideally, I think I'd prefer unit creation events due to handicap
triggers on the first turn not to appear in replays at all. That way
you couldn't distinguish between units which are always there and those
which are only available due to a certain handicap.

> * new event "Set Hex" to modify the map during a game

and

> * "Unit Position" trigger now supports stuff like "Move any one
>   infantry to x/y"

are great. In combination with other events or the new "Mining" event, I can
imagine some cool new map ideas :-)
Well, "Mining" isn't exactly new...

Jens